I am currently employed at the Cluster of Excellence – Machine Learning for Science and the Hector Research Institute of Education Sciences and Psychology of the University of Tübingen. My research focus is on Philosophy of Science, Philosophy of AI, Empirical Philosophy, Logic, Science Policy, and Animal Ethics. More specifically, I work on data-driven approaches to optimization of scientific reasoning.
Previously, I worked at the Weizsäcker Center (University of Tübingen), the Institute for Philosophy of the Faculty of Philosophy (University of Belgrade), I was an associate member of the Laboratory for Experimental Psychology (University of Belgrade), etc.
Ph.D. in Philosophy, University of Belgrade
M.Sc. in Logic, University of Amsterdam
B.A. in Philosophy, University of Belgrade
Critical reply: Mitigation and Linguistic Epistemic Tolerance as Requirements for Linguistically Inclusive Science: A Dialogue with Vitaly Pronskikh, Aleksandra Vučković and Vlasta Sikimić
In March 2023, the Ethical guidelines for safe and reliable use of AI were adopted by the Government of the Republic of Serbia. I had the opportunity to be one of the members of the expert team creating them.
In January 2023, Gabe Orona, Kou Murayama and I got LEAD Intramural Research Funding to explore the Interplay between Intellectual Virtues and Epistemic Emotions.
Newly accepted publication: Trust in science during global challenges: the pandemic and trustworthy AI, Science and Art of Simulation 21 Edition: Trust in Science, Springer.
I am also the chair of the Organizing Committee of the European Philosophy of Science Association – EPSA Conference to be held in 2023 in Belgrade, Serbia. Everyone is cordially invited!
In 2022, I published the following five papers and one editorial:
- Machine Learning in Scientific Grant Review, Vlasta Sikimić and Sandro Radovanović, European Journal for Philosophy of Science, DOI: 10.1007/s13194-022-00478-6, 2022.
- How to Fight Linguistic Injustice in Science: Equity Measures and Mitigating Agents, Aleksandra Vučković and Vlasta Sikimić, Social Epistemology, DOI:10.1080/02691728.2022.2109531, 2022.
- (Dis)satisfaction of Female and Early-Career Researchers with the Academic System in Physics, Vlasta Sikimić, Kaja Damnjanović, Slobodan Perović, Journal of Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering, DOI: 10.1615/JWomenMinorScienEng.2022038712, forthcoming.
- Modelling Efficient Team Structures in Biology, Vlasta Sikimić and Ole-Herud Sikimić, Journal of Logic and Computation, DOI: 10.1093/logcom/exac021, 2022.
- How to Improve Research Funding in Academia? Lessons From the COVID-19 Crisis, Frontiers in Research Metrics and Analytics, DOI: 10.3389/frma.2022.777781, 2022.
- Editorial for the Special Issue on Science Funding Policy and the COVID-19 Pandemic, Vlasta Sikimić, Mike Stuart and Jamie Shaw, International Journal of Risk & Safety in Medicine, DOI: 10.3233/JRS-227015, 2022.
Here is my podcast interview on Philosophy of AI (in Serbian):